Stoystown Auto Wreckers maintains a 30-day return policy. The original invoice must accompany all returns, and special orders may be subject to restocking fee. The purchaser will receive an 100% refund on all returns, and parts must be returned unused and in the same condition as when purchased. Sales under $10.00 are excluded from this return policy and may not be returned.
ASK YOUR SALESMAN ABOUT OUR EXTENDED WARRANTY OPTIONS
ATTENTION! – IMPORTANT ENGINE INSTALLATION INFORMATION
WARNING! IF THE ENGINE BEING REPLACED HAS EXPERIENCED A CATASTROPHIC FAILURE – Including Piston, Broken Cylinder Bore Valve or Valve Seat Failure – THE INTAKE MANIFOLD MUST BE REPLACED WITH A NEW MANIFOLD OR SCREENED INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS are to be used, if provided in the kit. CAUTION: Debris inside the cylinder bore large enough to allow contact with the piston and head can be misdiagnosed as a lower end knock. IF THE ENGINE IS EQUIPPED WITH A PLASTIC OIL PAN, THE PAN MUST BE REPLACED BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE THOROUGHLY CLEANED.
The Engine warranty does not cover failures caused by:
- Debris dropped into the engine during install such as nuts, bolts or tools
- Debris ingested through the intake or exhaust from the previous failure
Please refer to the appropriate service manual for the proper fluid and torque specifications, engine and component installation instructions, and testing information.
All other items being transferred to this engine must be washed, blown out and inspected for any damage.
- The following parts MUST be inspected and replaced if necessary. The customer will be charged for any repairs (parts and labor) if the component assembly is outside the applicable warranty coverage parameters.
- Filters – Air and Fuel
- Catalyst and Exhaust system
- Fuel Lines/Hoses and clamps
- Vacuum Hoses
- Spark Plugs
- Ignition Coil
- Accessory Drive Belt
- MUST replace the crankshaft pilot sleeve or bearing with NEW, when applicable.
- Faulty knock sensor may result in serious engine damage. If equipped, clean both mating surfaces and torque as per Service Manual.
- WARNING: PRIOR TO CRANKING OR STARTING THE ENGINE – The following must be performed or the warranty will be void: (The customer will be charged for any repairs if the vehicle is outside of warranty.)
- The Accessory Drive Belt MUST be installed per the procedure outlined in the Service Manual.
- The cooling system MUST be filled with New Coolant using the proper coolant type, mixture and fill procedure outlined in the Service Manual. Vacuum Fill?
- The engine MUST be filled with New Approved Motor Oil using the proper weight of oil and fill procedure outlined in the Service Manual. Do not overfill engine as this may cause serious damage to the catalytic converter if so equipped.
- After engine is started and brought up to operating temperature, a visual check must be carried out for any oil, coolant or vacuum leaks. Any necessary adjustments must be made at this time.
- If the vehicle is equipped with a turbo system, a complete check MUST be carried out to make sure the turbo is working properly; refer to the Service Manual for more information.
- A test drive and final checkup MUST be performed before the vehicle is delivered to the customer.
- Check running engine. Some minor adjustments may also have to be made at this time, e.g. – belts and engine cover.
- Check for oil, coolant and fuel leaks.